The Following Sites Have Been Marked and Dedicated
by the San Ramon Valley Historical Society

April 1, 1972
Captain Pedro Fages Trail and Campsite. The bronze plaque commemorates the 200th anniversary of the Spanish exploration of Contra Costa County. Located at Danville Blvd. and El Portal in Danville.
Click here for more information.

March 22,1974
Alamo School Bell. Dedication of the original 1880 Alamo School Bell, transferred to the new Alamo School at Wilson and Livorna Roads, Alamo.
Click here for more information.

March 22,1975
Goold Family Grove. The bronze plaque marks the home site of the pioneer Charles G. Goold Family. Located in the Sycamore Shopping Center parking area, 650 San Ramon Valley Blvd., Danville.
Click here for more information.

September 20, 1975
White Gate. The bronze plaque marks the home site of pioneer builder Nathaniel Howard. Located at Stone Valley Road and Shandelin Court, Alamo.
Click here for more information.

November 19, 1977
Danville Hotel. Site of the 1891 Railroad Hotel. The bronze plaque is located at 411 Hartz Avenue, Danville.
Click here for more information.

April 23, 1978
Mount Diablo. The Mount Diablo bronze plaque is dedicated as California State Historical Landmark Number 905. It denotes the Central California base line meridian. A USGS survey marker is also located at the summit. Hands on Technical Seminars
Click here for more information.

May 31, 1980
Alamo Cemetery. The bronze plaque commemorates the 125th year since the first recorded burial. Located at the end of El Portal off Danville Blvd., Danville.

August 26, 1984
Albert J. Young House (1870). The bronze plaque is located at 911 San Ramon Valley Blvd., Danville.

September 15, 1985
John M. Jones House Site (former Francisco Garcia Adobe), site of the first Alamo Post Office. The bronze plaque is mounted on the wall of 3158 Danville Blvd., Alamo.

May 11, 1989
A graphic art display of the San Ramon Area as remembered between 1850-1915. San Ramon Library, 100 Montgomery Street, San Ramon

July 28, 1990
Sycamore Grammar School Site. The pedestal mounted bronze plaque is located on the north side of Camino Tassajara between Old Blackhawk Road and Wood Ranch Road, Danville.

October 22, 1996
James E. Close Property Site. The pedestal mounted bronze plaque is located on the south side of Diablo Road adjacent to the parking lot midway between Hartz Avenue and Front Street, and to the west of 155 Diablo Road

May 17, 1997
San Ramon Grammar School Site (opened November 1867 and razed in 1960). The pedestal mounted bronze plaque is located at 2233 San Ramon Valley Blvd., San Ramon.

August 14, 1999
Tassajara Grammar School (1889-1946). The pedestal mounted bronze plaque is located at 1650 Finley Road in the Tassajara Valley.

October 14, 2000
Alamo Grammar School Site. The pedestal mounted bronze plaque is located on the northeast corner of Stone Valley Road and Danville Blvd., Alamo.

December 8, 2001
Danville Railroad Station on the San Ramon Branch Line. The pedestal mounted bronze plaque is located by the Museum at 205 Railroad Avenue, Danville.

August 23, 2003
San Ramon Valley High School opened its doors in 1916. The pedestal mounted bronze plaque is located at 501 Danville Blvd., Danville.

January 22, 2005
Danville Grange was formed in 1874. The bronze plaque is located at the entrance to the Theatre building, 233 Front Street, Danville.

October 15, 2006
Danville Grammar School. The bronze plaque is located on a wall at 279 Front Street, Danville.

October 6, 2007
The Union Academy (1860-1868). The wooden marker is located across the street from the Methodist Church, 902 Danville Blvd., Alamo.

November 20, 2009
Cohen-Vecki House is the oldest building in downtown Danville. The bronze plaque is located on the house entrance wall at 169 Front Street, Danville

August 5, 2012
Veterans Memorial Building, 400 Hartz Avenue, Danville, built in 1925, was renovated in 2012. The bronze plaque is located on the west wall of the Prospect Avenue entrance.